Interested in bridging the gap between homelessness and employment… This role is for you!
Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Crisis is currently recruiting for an Employment Brokerage Officer within the London-wide Services Team. This is a chance to be part of a brand new service working towards ending homelessness through employment.
About the role
As Employment Brokerage Officer, you will be someone who is passionate and understand your role in ending and preventing homelessness by engaging organisations who share our goals and willing to create successful partnerships with employers, corporate partners and other stakeholders, to maximise the supply of suitable employment opportunities and maintain these relationships. You will work in partnership with all client service teams across London to identify employment needs of members and identify employers who can deliver employment opportunities for all members in services across the London region. You will carry out thorough screening sessions to determine members suitability to employment opportunities.
To be successful in this role you will have/be –
• Able to demonstrate experience in developing and managing relationships with local/national employers in order to provide opportunities for vulnerable clients.
• Have a thorough understanding of homelessness and the barriers people face in accessing employment opportunities.
• Possess high level communication, presentation skills and understand its importance in both participant relationships and stakeholder engagement.
• Being able to manage multiple deadlines and work towards job placement targets whilst possessing excellent customer care, problem solving and negotiation skills.
We want Crisis to be an inclusive employer which then reflects our members and the communities we work in. We want to offer opportunities to everyone regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
Working at Crisis
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
• Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
• Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
• 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
When you join us you will have the opportunity to join our staff diversity networks, which aim to champion issues across the organisation, enable staff to be their authentic and best selves and contribute to making Crisis a truly diverse organisation.
We have 5 staff diversity networks which include Black, Asian and Ethnic people, LGBTQ+ people, those with Lived Experience of Homelessness, Women at Crisis and Disability Awareness.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Sunday 27th June 2021 (at 23:59)
Interviews will take place on Thursday 8th July.
We welcome applications from people who identify as neuro diverse and want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Recruitment team will contact you to discuss how we can help.
For more information about our work please visit:
To see our work in action please visit:
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094