Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Shop from Crisis exists to deliver sustainable revenue streams to the organisation, raise Crisis’ profile with new audiences and provide opportunities for members. This role sits in a newly formed E-commerce team within the Shop from Crisis retail team. With 9 shops across London and an ambitious growth strategy, we have exciting plans to expand our E-commerce activity and need experienced team members to help us deliver this.
About the role
As E-Commerce Operations Assistant Manager, you will work as part of a small team in our London warehouse to deliver a high-quality customer experience for online donated goods sales across various E-Commerce marketplaces. You’ll support the delivery of efficient and productive operational processes to list and fulfil a high volume of goods for sale online to achieve sales and profit targets. You will also support the E-Commerce Operations Manager to recruit, train and inspire volunteers in a variety of digital and E-Commerce roles.
To be successful in this role you will have experience of the following:
• Working in retail, in either a high street or online sales role, with an understanding of the operational aspects of online sales. Experience of working in a warehouse environment is advantageous.
• Achieving commercial targets including sales and customer service levels.
• Supporting the recruitment, training, and development of a wide range of people – ideally with experience of working with volunteers and your local community.
• Communicating with and presenting ideas and information to a range of audiences.
• Engaging audiences via e-commerce and/or social media communications.
We want Crisis to be an inclusive employer which then reflects our members and the communities we work in. We want to offer opportunities to everyone regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
Working at Crisis
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
• Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
• Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
• 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
When you join us you will have the opportunity to join our staff diversity networks, which aim to champion issues across the organisation, enable staff to be their authentic and best selves and contribute to making Crisis a truly diverse organisation.
We have 5 staff diversity networks which include Black, Asian and Ethnic people, LGBTQ+ people, those with Lived Experience of Homelessness, Women at Crisis and Disability Awareness.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Tuesday 18th May 2021 (at 23:59)
We welcome applications from people who identify as neuro diverse and want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email email@example.com and one of our Recruitment team will contact you to discuss how we can help.
For more information about our work please visit:
To see our work in action please visit:
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094