Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
We are now recruiting the team that will deliver Christmas 2021. This unique event relies upon a huge volunteer effort, with centres across Britain offering homeless people food, clothing, advice and support with health, housing, employment and benefits.
About the roles
We are looking for an administrator to join our London Christmas team. We provide a range of essential services for our Christmas guests from healthcare and advice, to catering. As the administrator you will be supporting the team by ensuring they have the administrative, logistics and project coordination to effectively run the project.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience of providing administrative support including general office duties and maintaining accurate records
- Experience of customer service and ability to deal with volunteers and partner organisations and donors via phone and email in a professional and friendly manner.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent IT skills with experience of using Microsoft Office software, in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Good communicator who considers their audience and can work efficiently as part of a team.
We want Crisis to be an inclusive employer which then reflects our members and the communities we work in. We want to offer opportunities to everyone regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
Working at Crisis
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
- Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
When you join us you will have the opportunity to join our staff diversity networks, which aim to champion issues across the organisation, enable staff to be their authentic and best selves and contribute to making Crisis a truly diverse organisation.
We have 5 staff diversity networks which include Black, Asian and Ethnic people, LGBTQ+ people, those with Lived Experience of Homelessness, Women at Crisis and Disability Awareness.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Sunday 1st August 2021 (at 23:59)
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 10th and Thursday 12th of August.
We welcome applications from people who identify as neuro diverse and want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email email@example.com and our Recruitment team will contact you to discuss how we can help.
For more information about our work please visit:
To see our work in action please visit:
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094