Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
About the role
As a Work and Learning Coach, you will contribute to the development and delivery of a high-quality coaching and Information Advice or Guidance (IAG) service for homeless adults. You will be joining a highly experienced, motivated and supportive team seeking to improve the quality of life of people experiencing homelessness in London.
This is a fixed term role for 6 months.
If that sounds interesting and you meet the following criteria, we’d love to hear from you:
- Experience of managing a caseload of clients with multiple and complex needs with the specific objective of supporting and enabling them to move into sustainable employment and housing
- Ability to enhance learner’s progression toward their wider goals by agreeing and reviewing objectives, using individual progression and learning plans and the Outcome Star in collaboration with the wider Skylight teams
- Able to communicate effectively with individuals and groups using a variety of media
We want Crisis to be an inclusive employer which then reflects our members and the communities we work in. We want to offer opportunities to everyone regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
Working at Crisis
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
- Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
When you join us you will have the opportunity to join our staff diversity networks, which aim to champion issues across the organisation, enable staff to be their authentic and best selves and contribute to making Crisis a truly diverse organisation.
We have 5 staff diversity networks which include Black, Asian and Ethnic people, LGBTQ+ people, those with Lived Experience of Homelessness, Women at Crisis and Disability Awareness.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Thursday 16th September 2021 (at 23:59)
Interviews will be held on Monday 27th September.
We welcome applications from people who identify as neuro diverse and want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Recruitment team will contact you to discuss how we can help.
For more information about our work please visit:
To see our work in action please visit:
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094