Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
About the role
As a Progression Manager (Reception), you will;
- Ensure the provision of an excellent, customer focused reception service. Providing a safe, welcoming, supportive and non-judgmental environment for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, volunteers, staff and visitors.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality information, advice & guidance. Signposting individuals to the right services both internally and externally.
- Ensure the development, implementation and delivery of psychologically informed services that promote member engagement and maximise inclusion and safety. That are person centred and encourage people to identify and work through the changes they need and want to make
- Substantial experience of delivering or managing high quality information, advice and guidance and case management.
- Proven line management experience including managing employee performance, conducting supervisions, effective delegation and supporting professional development.
- Experience of working with socially excluded and/or vulnerable people
- An understanding of psychologically informed approaches and the support and guidance staff require when working with people who have experienced complex trauma and marginalized individuals; a solution focused approach to safely including members who may have been excluded from other services.
We believe diversity is a strength and our aim is to make sure that Crisis truly reflects the communities we serve. We are actively working towards our organisation being a place where everyone can thrive and make their best contribution to our mission of ending homelessness for good. We know that the more perspectives, voices, and experiences we can bring to this work, the better. We particularly welcome applications from people who have lived experience of homelessness, and people from all marginalised groups, communities and backgrounds.
Working at Crisis
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
- Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
When you join us you will have the opportunity to join our staff diversity networks, which aim to champion issues across the organisation, enable staff to be their authentic and best selves and contribute to making Crisis a truly diverse organisation.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Sunday 7th November 2021 (at 23.59)
Interviews will be held on Monday 15th November
We welcome applications from people who identify as neuro diverse and want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Recruitment team will contact you to discuss how we can help.
For more information about our work please visit:
To see our work in action please visit:
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094