Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
This is an exciting time to join the Individual Supporters team as we continue to grow our annual income and diversify our approach to reaching new supporters through multi-channel fundraising campaigns.
About the role
As Fundraising Assistant, you will play a supporting role within the Individual Supporters team, taking on a variety of administrative tasks and creative projects to gain the skills, knowledge and experience required for a successful career in fundraising and the charity sector.
This is a new role which reports into our Senior Digital Individual Supporters Executive, who will support you as you learn about fundraising and encourage you to share your ideas and opinions for the benefit of the wider team.
This is an entry level role, meaning no experience fundraising for a charity is necessary. If you can demonstrate that you share our passion for ending homelessness and an enthusiasm to learn in the role within the field of fundraising, we’d love to hear from you.
Location - Based in London Head Office. Working from home is an option in line with Crisis’ homeworking policy (minimum of one day a week in the office).
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- An excellent communicator: you speak and write clearly, and you listen and take instruction well.
- A team player: You enjoy working as part of a team and building new working relationships. You work hard at pace and take pride in your work, showing the same level of care for projects big and small.
- A quick learner: You enjoy learning new skills, you pick things up quickly and show initiative, and you’re confident developing skills with IT software and programmes.
- A problem solver: You can make sense of data and use it to find different solutions to problems.
- Passionate about fundraising: You have a creative eye for what makes a good fundraising campaign, what connects with our supporters, and have a basic understanding or interest in online and offline marketing channels.
There are no formal qualifications required, this is an entry level role for an enthusiastic individual looking for a career in fundraising.
We believe diversity is a strength, and our aim is to make sure that Crisis truly reflects the communities we serve. We are actively working towards our organisation being a place where everyone can thrive and make their best contribution to our mission of ending homelessness for good. We know that the more perspectives, voices, and experiences we can bring to this work, the better. We particularly welcome applications from people who have lived experience of homelessness, and people from all marginalised groups, communities and backgrounds.
Working at Crisis
As a member of the team, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
- Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
When you join us, you will have the opportunity to join our staff diversity networks, which aim to champion issues across the organisation, enable staff to be their authentic and best selves and contribute to making Crisis a truly diverse organisation.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Wednesday 1st December (at 23:59)
Interviews will be held week commencing 13th December.
We welcome applications from people who identify as neuro diverse and want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Recruitment team will contact you to discuss how we can help.
For more information about our work please visit:
To see our work in action please visit:
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094